I have been blogging for several years now. At first it started out as just a hobby, something fun for me to do and a way to document our lives. However I realized I had a real passion for it and it wasn’t long and I was ready to make it a business. Blogging is a great way to earn a living but it is hard work! If you ever hear it’s easy don’t believe it! However, just because it is hard work doesn’t mean it is not worth it! Some ways to make your blogging days go smoother is to streamline the process as much as you can!
Here are 5 Ways to Streamline Your Blog:
1. HostGator Optimized WordPress – I am not a technical gal! I love blogging and all this it brings to my life and although I have learned so much over the years I still feel like I don’t know about the back end of my blog too much. It is a total struggle for the not so techie mind! I was so glad to hear about HostGator Optimized WordPress. I have been using HostGator for my hosting a long time and have been very happy with them so I was thrilled to try out this new feature!
What is Optimized WordPress?
- Optimized WordPress is a new hosting platform that is specifically built for an optimized and managed WordPress environment. Optimized WordPress hosting packages will come pre-loaded with PHP 5.6 by default (the most recent PHP version offered). HostGator will handle all of the core, theme, and plugin updates without the need for any action on your part. In other words, you won’t have to worry about logging into your WP-Admin panel to handle common updates. Additionally, Optimized WordPress does not provide cPanel access, allowing you to install and access your WordPress sites without needing to access or navigate an extra control panel to do the things you want to do.
The benefits of HostGator Optimized WordPress include:
- Automatic updates of plugins/theme/WordPress
- Sitelock malware scanning and removal
- Sitelock Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- CodeGuard daily backup and restores (down to the file level)
- HostGator Optimized WordPress is a new premium product and just a small extension to existing products provided by HostGator
HostGator will do what they do best so you can focus on writing your blog posts AND they will keep your blog running in tip top shape including:
- 24/7 live support via chat, phone, and email – you’re not alone. We’re here to help.
- One click WordPress installs – no messy downloading and uploading of files.
- One click and start easy to use website builder – drag and drop tools that make building a site super simple.
- Design services – don’t want to build your site? Let our pros do it for you.
- Marketing services (SEO and PPC) – want to generate traffic? Our in house experts want to help.
- Domains – HostGator is your one-stop-shop for domains!
Additional information about HostGator Optimized WordPress can be found here
2. Schedule – I know some bloggers who do writing on Monday, Photo’s on Tuesday and different tasks for each day. Then there are others that do it differently by having a couple of days just to write and then schedule out everything else when they can. I think anything you can do consistently helps streamline your blog, the more organized and consistent your schedule is the more your blog will run smoothly!
3. Editorial Calendar – This helps you stay on top of all the great ideas in your head, it also helps you have content for the holidays, special events, and your paid posts!
4. Delegate – If you can afford to, delegate! YES, let those tasks that you hate doing or the ones that are taking your time away from great content and give them to someone else! I have heard many bloggers say this is when their business really took off. It freed them up to do the work that took them to a new level!
5. Use a scheduler for social media – Social media can take SO Much time! Whatever you can schedule do it! This will help you once again free precious time up to write good content!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.