This computer game is about life in an ancient Roman town called Fossura (destroyed in 79AD by Mount Vesuvius), and about being an archeologist . There are six levels to complete. You begin each level at the archeological dig, uncovering artifacts as you manage a crew of diggers. After recovering the artifacts in the level you take them to be checked. You find out all about the artifacts(some very interesting stuff)
Each level has several activities on the table. These must be completed before you can make your report. There are many games and puzzles to solve and it really test your memory on what you have learned so far in many of the games. You can see a demo of Roman Town by clicking here.
I think this game is really fun and it brings the ancient Roman history alive and the best part is you learn so much, I think my son will really remember it better too since it is in game form. If you have children that are used to playing games a lot the graphics are not as fancy as many new games but as an educational resource I think it is fine.
Things you can discover:
- Roman buildings, artifacts and priceless treasures
- The remains of real Romans
- Ancient Roman history and cultural facts
- Vivid, accurate and realistic illustrations
- How to analyze and reconstruct valuable artifacts
- Solve mysterious secrets about the lives of Roman kids centuries ago!
- Engaging hands-on, interactive learning for all ages, specifically designed for 5th – 8th grades.
- Game-play develops analytical thinking
- Puzzles teach problem solving strategies
- Authentic artifacts and realistic excavation site
- Accurate information about Roman Life and Roman History
- Encompasses the full excavation experience from start to finish
- Archaeology introduced logically
- Windows Vista/XP/2000
- CPU 800 Mhz; RAM 412MB; Hard Drive 350MB
Find Dig-It Games on the Dig-It Games website, Dig-It! Games on Facebook and Dig-It Games on Twitter. Winner of the National Parenting Center’s 2010 Seal of Approval and Dr. Toy’s Best Vacation Products.
As of 2011, Roman Town retails for $39.95. But from now until February 21, 2011, TOS Crew Readers can use a special code to get 20% off of the 2010 Roman Town retail price of $24.95.
Use code TOS2011 for 20% off of $24.95 until Feb. 21st!
As a member of the Homeschool Crew, I was given this product to review. I was not paid for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are mine.