Disclosure: This post is part of the SPLENDA® 365 SWEET SWAPS ™ blogger program by McNeil Nutritionals, LLC. and The Motherhood, who sent me products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
We are working as a family to get healthier in 2014, so I was thrilled to be apart of a campaign for SPLENDA® Brand where we are replacing our sugar with Splenda to show our readers just how easy it is! One of our favorite recipes is black bottom cupcakes so we thought it would be a great recipe to swap the sugar for Splenda Blend and try them that way. This recipe did not disappoint!
The Splenda products include conversion charts on the back of each package. This makes it SO easy to make the changes to your recipes that include sugar. You just swap the sugar with splenda and you don’t have to think about the measurements.
Make sure you visit www.365sweetswaps.com for some wonderful tips on swapping splenda for sugar and for some fantastic recipes!!
Black Bottom Recipe
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 tsp Splenda Blend
- 1 cup semi-chocolate chips
- 1 egg
Cream together cream cheese, sugar, and egg. Stir in chocolate chips.
Chocolate Cake Part:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup of Splenda Blend
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 tbls. oil
- 1 tbls. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup water
- Whisk together flour, Splenda, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water. Pour wet ingredients into the well in the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with chocolate batter.
- Put a nice spoonful cheesecake batter on top.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.