Back to school time is in full force. The kids in my district went back this past week and everywhere in this area willl be back by the end of next week! We want our kids to go back to school with everything they need-everything from their school supply list to healthy lunches and/or snacks! However not every child gets to take everything they need back to school because they just don’t have it!
Did you know that 16 million kids live in poverty? For kids in need, finding nutritious snacks can be a challenge. Children who eat healthy foods are better equipped to succeed academically, and that’s why ensuring all kids have access to nutritious snacks is so important.
I grew up in an inner city school and my sister in law teaches there now! She sees first hand the children who don’t have their needs met! Children who rely heavily on free lunches and need help each year getting supplies together. This past summer the school had a special dinner for the kids in the community, some thought there wouldn’t be a lot of kids (I mean it was summer, right?) Well it was a packed out night! Kids flocked in to get a spaghetti and meatball dinner (it was like a feast to them) There are TOO many kids who really need help!
I am thrilled to partner with Champions for Kids who make it simple to give children in local communities the resources they need to thrive.
Here are just a few things Champions for Kids Do:
• Helping others does not have to come in large doses. Champions for Kids seeks to ignite generational change by fostering a ‘habit of giving’ among youth and parents in America.
• The core values of Champions for Kids are simple, yet profound, and drive their efforts to “mobilize millions” to help children — All children should have: Someone who cares; a Place to belong; Hope for tomorrow and provisions for their journey. All children.
• SIMPLE Giving is a Champions for Kids program that makes it simple for you to help kids in your community. To ensure children have access to nutritious snacks, Champions for Kids is teaming up with Dole, Emerald, Kellogg Company and Walmart for a SIMPLE Giving program.
• You can participate by simply purchasing and donating snack food items at your local participating Walmart from August 1-18. If your Walmart store is participating, simply purchase breakfast foods and place them in the purple donation bins at the front of the store after checkout. To see a list of participating stores, click here.
• All of the donations go to children in the school district where the Walmart store is located!
“I participate in this program on behalf of Champions for Kids and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.”